These days, when planning your kitchen design it’s important to mix elements that add texture, interest, and style. Wood and pale coloured cabinets have become incredibly popular as they make day to day use look good and are available in a huge range of styles. If you’re looking for a fun, sleek way to add character to your space, black is a great way to do this! Like white, it goes with everything, and depending on your style, you can use a much or as little as you like. Here are some great ways to incorporate black into your kitchen:
1. LIGHT FIXTURES: Instead of leaning towards island lights that blend into the background, choose black fixtures that add a punch of drama to your space and create a focal point.
2. SEATING: Dining chairs and counter stools are a great way to add a touch of black to your room if you’re weary of adding too much!
3. APPLIANCES: In most houses you will see stainless steel appliances. Do something different and choose black! It will add real personality to your kitchen!
4. BACKSPLASH: If you’re looking to add a bold element to your kitchen, your backsplash may be the perfect way to do it! A white kitchen with black backsplash always looks amazing. If you’re worried about it looking too dark, use light grout to accent the tiles!
5. ACCESSORIES: Since a lot of homes have white kitchens these days, it is very important that you find a way to anchor the look so that the room doesn’t appear sterile. Black and metallic accents are fabulous ways of adding a touch of glamour without having the look go overboard. Think of items that are constantly used in a kitchen that can be found in black - bowls, pots&pans, utensils, faucets, pot fillers, etc.
Check out the pictures below to see beautiful kitchens with black accents!